Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bedtime clocks



Well, due to some obedience issues, we are instituting some additional methods to help curb this trend in our 2 1/2 year old. Anyone who knows Calvin, knows this kid has buns of steel. It seems he does not care about spankings. And I thought Charity was stubborn.
So this is how it works: At the beginning of the day, the clock starts out at 8:00. Every time we have a discipline issue, in addition to the spank, the big hand on the clock is moved back 5 min. I have yet to see if it will be effective, but I am hopeful!
It's obvious which clock belongs to Calvin - and since the picture was taken, it's been moved back further. Now, if we can just get him to stay in bed during naps and at night, we'll be in good shape. I have an idea I'm working on, but that will require some supplies at the store. I'll secure those this afternoon.
So I suppose it's back to the grind now. Tons of laundry, tons of cleaning, and family coming over tonight. It will most definitely be a busy day. My Grandmother is still heavily on my mind, and I'm praying that I can keep my mind from becoming too engrossed in my daily activities that I fail to keep eternity in perspective.

No comments: