Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 3 - Food control

We must be the world's worst food wasters. So today - I am devising a plan to: take down our budget, make sure we are always stocked with some food to eat, and ensure that we are not wasteful with our food/food storage, and anything else I can do to conserve in any way.

Last night, we were able to go to Sam's and procure a month's worth of groceries (maybe longer!) for $300. This included some necessary items, such as laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, freezer bags, etc. These things may not need to be bought in bulk every time, as I'm generally able to get them for super cheap at CVS. However, this month we needed to do so.

So for things like meat, breakfast foods, pasta, etc. it is definitely more beneficial for me to get them at Sam's right now. Feeding a family of 6 is no small task, albeit much credit to the women with larger families. But for me, it's new terrain and a learning experience - and I'm realizing that at certain times, convenience takes the cake over good deals. But only sometimes!

CVS will be revisited this week. Tomorrow I have the awesome task of getting rid of excess paper by culling coupons and clipping ones from the past few weeks' paper. Can't you see my excitement? No? Ah, well - don't be envious. It's not exactly easy to do with my older three trying to get into it all! But all in name of getting RID of clutter and EMBRACING organization!

So to break it down, today's to-do list is as follows {GRE items in bold}:
  • Brush kids' hair/teeth
  • Finish getting myself ready for the day!
  • Finish putting away yesterday's purchases
  • Clean out fridge, wash gross dishes
  • Attach list to ref. door denoting what leftovers are inside and in what container
  • Clean out the three shelves that are chaos, toss old/non-useful bottles
  • Plan out this weeks/next weeks' meals
  • Sweep/mop floor
  • Wipe down cabinets
  • Wash at least 4 loads
  • Clean the bathroom (if there's time)
  • Make dinner
  • Keep up with discipline
  • Finish up a custom order for tomorrow
  • Take an hour at 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, 7:30, 9 to feed baby
And that is my day. And I am already exhausted, but praying for the Lord's grace. And I know He'll give it.

1 comment:

Willa Jean Coates said...

We are so proud of you and Shawn.
xxoo
Mom/Dad