Friday, April 10, 2009
7 Quick Takes Friday
I am amazingly exhausted right now, so I'll make this quick!
1. I'm having coffee tomorrow morning with a dear friend, and I can hardly wait!
2. I baked my first loaf of gluten-free bread tonight, and it totally flopped.
3. I love Easter!
4. Shawn and I had an amazing day today - a whole day to ourselves while Mom watched the kids! I was able to jump start spring cleaning, and we knocked out tons of errands. That was such a huge blessing!
5. Wondering how a gluten-free Easter dinner is going to work...
6. I am really hoping that Lottie does okay this weekend with teething so that I can make it to church. I really miss being able to go that often, what with sickness, teething, etc. I have learned that mothering young children (especially 4 young children!!!) really keeps you tied to the house. I love being a mommy so much! However, you really don't understand the care that they need until you are in that position.
7. I really want to get involved at Redeemer, and occasionally I feel discouraged by #6. I wonder when I'll ever be at church consistently, and the fear of man sets in something fierce at times. But I am learning, day by day, not to worry about what others think, and attend to my primary calling - which is caring for my family to the best of my ability, with the strength that God provides. At times, though, I do feel lonely. But only sometimes :)