Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thinking of Spring and a Health Update


This is what I've been thinking about for the past few weeks.  Perhaps by spring, I will be feeling well enought to handle a nice, large garden.  I always start out every spring with high and lofty goals of gardening.  I spend the money, get it going, but my health has always gotten in the way of being able to care for it like I should. 

Well, this year, Shawn's into it as well.  Lord willing, my test results will be back by my appointment at the end of the month.  Lord willing, we will develop a treatment plan at that appointment.

And, Lord willing, I will be able to work a garden.  At least, part time.  Shawn is totally into working it, and with the job he has, it would be completely workable.

Did I mention he quit Sears?  Yes, to ease the stress load on me.  So one job for now, thank the Lord!!

I'll finish this random post by giving a health update on the Adrenal Fatigue front.  Had a very delightful New Years, where we celebrated a late Christmas with Shawn's family.  Good day, health-wise.  Monday, though, I had to get labwork done, which required 12 hrs of fasting.  Being that my blood sugar is wretchedly messed up, I was sick - so so so sick!!  I still haven't been able to get it under control, and it's Wednesday!   Anyway, yesterday and today I have been in horrible, horrible pain.  My OTC pain meds put so much stress on my adrenal glands that it causes me to be in more pain, it doesn't take it away.  Weird, huh?  So the past two days, I've been in pain from head to toe (joints AND muscles, it feels like), my hair's been falling out more, a wierd skin rash, near passing out when I stand up (yeah, that's gotten old real quick), memory loss, headaches, the same fatigue, and my feet and legs have been swelling some.  So there's your update.  I am praying that another good day would come soon!  And if not, that I can been content with what the Lord has for me, at ALL times!!  (On a side note, I STILL cannot believe I was embarassed to tell anyone about this - and beat myself up about it - for SO LONG.  Amazing.)  Please, keep praying for us if you think of it!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Bless your heart! I'll do my best keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you! I didn't know anything like this was going on. If you guys have any questions, just let me know and I'll do my best to come up with some answers. Take care.

-j. Payne

Meg said...

Thanks guys! It means a lot.

I have an appointment next Friday (29th) to go over test results. Praying for the Lord's glory in this and, as a side, conclusive results :)