Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Neverending Story... of yarn

Scrappy, one-year-late baby blanket

Oh sheesh.  So it's pretty well known by now that I have a yarn addiction.  I had a brilliant idea (well, maybe not brilliant, but effective) idea to rid my yarn via The Destash Project.  Time was not an issue pre-pregnacy, so I did fine, custom orders and whatnot.  Now I'm not sure what to do with it.  Any ideas?
Anyway, onto the "problem".  Well, it's not a problem for me, but for the others living in this house.  All.this.yarn.  Now that we're expecting, I don't want to be bogged down with The Destash, but to be free to make baby items and cute little tops for the girls, and a lightweight summer cardigan for myself... and... well, this is getting me nowhere quick!

So, the pic above is the current project (in addition to my socks).  It's a scrappy, one-year-late baby blanket for my sweet nephew.  His birthday is in early April, and it has to be done by then.  Has. to. be. done. by. then.

So back to The Destash conundrum... any ideas?  Should I not take personal orders?  Showcase the items I've made for myeslf/others?  Post sporadically items for sale?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Okay, back to yarn shopping... I mean, "window shopping"...

No comments: