Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 5 - A ROUTINE!


It has taken me a few days to get back to my posts. I was sick yesterday, with a mild case of the flu. The kids have had colds, and last night two of them began this whole stomach bug mess. And it's finally getting back to normal. But I am so fatigued right now. Not just tired, fatigued.

Emmie will be 3 months old on the 11th of February. I feel as if I am finally ready to start THINKING about a routine. Naptimes have been torture since her birth, and even though they have gotten better in the past month, my children really need more activity to get sufficiently tired by naptime and bedtime. Lottie is still waking up at night (even though Emmie is not!), and she really needs to cry it out. This is next to impossible when she's in room with Charity and Calvin. The other night, Calvin asked to not be in his room anymore during one of Lottie's tyrades. It broke my heart.

Fortunately, we are slowly but surely making progress on the sunroom project (it will be our bedroom when all is said and done). Nights are torture right now - for us and the kids - so I am praying it can be completed soon!

Anyway, today's GRE task is to assess the needs of my children, and make a list of non-negotiables for our routine/schedule. My wonderful mother has agreed to start taking Charity, Calvin, and Lottie on Monday and Friday mornings for me - there's a starting point. I hope to get somewhere on this today. I still haven't cleaned out the fridge from the other day's task. Okay, off to get my cranky children up from nap. We're falling apart quick here. Sheesh.

No comments: