My new Friday thing. Bear with me, and be sure to check out the interesting blog above. Neat stuff.
1. I am sitting here, watching Bill O'Reilly, and missing my husband, who will not be home until 9:20 or so. So, I am slacking on putting the baby down, just because I like the company :)
2. I am hoping Shawn can land his 2nd job soon. So many people are without jobs right now, and I am so thankful for the one that he has. Still, we need to make ends meet.
3. This week has been full of disobedience. I am taking a long, hard look at my heart to fix it at the source. Praying hard that my children will come to know the Lord, and that they will see Him reflected through me! Although, I am nowhere near that - I know He can work miracles!
4. Shawn has been very, abnormally, sweet lately. He's a very kind person in general, and he's the quiet type - you know, just... quiet! (Ummm, verrry different from me!!) He's really stepped out of that and has blessed my heart so much in the past few days :) I love him so much!!!
5. Upon typing the last item, I suddenly heard "sometimes love, it is a river....." as the background music of my mind. Literally, every situation of conversation I'm in (okay, nearly every), I have a corresponding background music song playing in my mind. And sometimes it's funny, so I laugh and look like a moron. Now you are even more convinced of it. :D
6. I've learned this week that using food from the community market - locally grown, organic, etc. - makes me feel more informed on my food choices for the family, tastes better than store bought produce, and directly affects our local economy quicker and more efficiently than shopping at big chain stores. Now, I still do go to chain stores. Some things I need the savings. But for the most part, we are going more local. I love it.
7. I don't have a 7th quick take. Oh wait, I have to clean our bedroom this weekend. In a 14' x 14' room, we have crammed in: a queen size bed, two dressers, a bookcase, a hope chest, a pack 'n play, my wedding dress, too many shoes, and PILES of laundry (because I can't get to any of the dressers to put the darn things away!!). So, we are shoving everything to one side and FINALLY getting that third wall and all of the trim painted. AS OF MONDAY, I WILL NO LONGER HAVE THREE COLORS IN OUR BEDROOM!!! Can you tell that I'm stoked? :D Yay! Now I'm going to put the baby down. For real.
Happy weekend, all!