Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

We hope that your Christmas was glorious, in worship to our Lord, and thankfulness for all that His birth means for us and the world.

I deeply love Luke's rendering of the birth of Christ. But as mother, I connect with Mary's Magnificat in a personal way. Maybe it's because for past few years, I have had a young baby at Christmas. Last year, it became even more personal, since Emmie was a mere 6 weeks old at Christmas. Regardless, I am drawn to this passage year by year, as I think of what a wonder it is to be carrying a baby in the womb. But oh, not only that! Can you imagine the wonder of the baby in your womb being the Messiah??
.

Mary's Magnificat (Luke 1:46-55)
And Mary said:
My soul exalts the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
For He has had regard for the humble state of His bondslave;
For behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed.
For the Mighty One has done great things for me;
And holy is His name.
And His mercy is upon generation after generation toward those who fear Him.
He has done mighty deeds with His arm;
He has scattered those who were proud in the thoughts of their heart.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones, and has exalted those who were humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things;
And sent away the rich empty-handed.
He has given help to Israel His servant, in remembrance of His mercy,
As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and his descendants forever.
I pray that your new year is blessed!

No comments: